- The Fated Sky – Mary Robinette Kowal ~ Read
- My Year of Creative Reading – M. Todd Gallowglas ~ Read (No review)
- Space Opera – Catherynne M. Valente ~ DNF
- Yaqteenya: The Old World – Yassar Bahjatt ~ DNF
I left fandom years ago because I wasn’t really enjoying myself. Old friends have died or moved on and I wandered off to figure out me. Early cons are where I realized I was “too freaky for the mundanes, and too mundane for the freaks.”
While WorldCon76 was my second worldcon, it was my best con ever! Big backpack stuffed with con survival gear (food, books, journals, pens, etc.), bowler hat squarely on my head, I wandered the convention center with a big smile on my face. Thank you Richard for insisting I go.
My recaps are an effort to wrangle my notes into one accessible place. Notes are incomplete because there’s no way I could keep up with people like @MGallowglas or Shayma Alshareef and Yasser Bahjatt. Mistakes are mine, not theirs.
Geeks Guide to Literary Theory – M Todd Gallowglas – @MGallowglas
- Kameron Hurley & @Kameronhurley for her feminist SF/F lit crit (The Geek Feminist Revolution)
- The Broken Earth Series by N. K. Jemisin (@nkjemisin)
- Jennifer Egan & @Egangoonsquad
- The Blackwell Guide to Literary Theory by Gregory Castle
- Wizardry and Wild Romance by Michael Moorcock
- The American Shore by Samuel R. Delany
After the panel I wandered down to the Dealer’s Room to table F19 and talked to Todd for a few minutes and picked up a copy of My Year of Creative Reading, which he signed for me.