Menu: October 2 – October 8, 2016
- (Newish recipe) Curried Chicken with Ginger and Yogurt
- Roasted Veggies: eggplant, onions, Penzeys Garlic Shoots, mushrooms, orange bell pepper, asparagus, brussel sprouts, broccoli, spiralized zucchini
- Fruit: red and green grapes, mandarin oranges, Granny Smith apples
- Veggies: cherry tomatoes, cucumbers peeled and soaked in balsamic vinegar,
- (New recipe) Roasted Onions with Vinegar
- (New recipe) Pumpkin Energy Balls
Curried Chicken with Ginger and Yogurt
I botched it again this week. The only thing I can think is that I prepped the sauce a few days ahead, and that did something to the balance of the ingredients. 2% Greek yogurt helped some. Burying it in veggies again. Time to set the recipe aside and came back to it in a few weeks.
Pumpkin Energy Balls
I did NOT botch this recipe. It’s basically the peanut butter energy balls I’ve been making for six months now. To meet my dietary requirements, I removed the chocolate chips and used coconut in place of the walnuts. But dear Hera, this is a “want to put my face in the bowl” recipe.
Red Wine Vinegar
New ingredient commentary:
Why has no one told me that pumpkin is so yummy outside of pies?
It’s so good without all the spices in it. Wow. Yup, gonna be cookin’ with this again.
New tool commentary:
The roasting pan isn’t really a new tool, it’s just been packed away in a box for a while. It’s a deep and big enough to set a rack and a smallish turkey in.